Smoking Cessation Program
Dr. Michael Long ND
The negative health effects of smoking are widely known and understood. That doesn’t make it any easier to stop, and anyone who has tried stopping knows this first hand. While many smoking cessation programs offer tools to help stop smoking, very few provide the mental/emotional support or nutritional counseling that can derail all of your best intentions. Our smoking cessation program doesn’t forget about you after you have quit, but instead works to optimize your health and help protect you from developing smoking related disease. Using a number of well-researched treatment plans, our naturopathic doctors will counsel you through what, for many, is one of the hardest habits in life to break.
Our smoking cessation program is tailored to the needs of each individual, but may include:
- Acupuncture – to decrease stress and reduce cravings
- Botanical Medicine – to reduce cravings
- Detoxification – to help remove the toxic substance from the body
- Lifestyle Modification – to replace your habit with healthier alternatives
- Mental/Emotional Counselling
- Nutritional Counselling – to optimize your health, and allow your body to detoxify
- Nutritional Supplementation – to counteract the deficiencies caused by smoking
- Stress Management – to deal with the inevitable stress endured while quitting, which is a major factor in smoking relapse
It used to be thought that all of the damage was already done when a person started smoking. We now know that quitting greatly reduces the chances of future disease, and the decreased risk only improves with time. For example, according to the American Cancer Society, 5 years after quitting the risk of throat and mouth cancers is cut in half, after 10 years the risk of lung cancer is cut in half, and after 15 years the coronary heart risk is that of a non-smoker (here).
A person has only quit until they have the next cigarette, so let us help you make this your last one! Are you tried of smoking, and ready to quit? Call today to find out how we can help you break your habit and move into a healthier and happier life.