As the foundation of naturopathic medicine, clinical nutrition is an integral part of both the treatment of chronic disease and the management of overall health and wellness. Clinical nutrition is the use of diet and supplements to improve health and treat illness. Minor dietary changes can drastically reduce or even resolve a wide range of symptoms. A nutrient dense intake is very important in modulating normal bodily function such as energy and sleep, and can drastically improve risk factors for many disease processes.
In today’s society, poor diet is the leading cause of a number of chronic diseases. Obesity, diabetes, heart disease, eczema, psoriasis and chronic digestive concerns are among a long list of health issues directly correlated with poor or improper nutrition. The ease of accessing processed foods and lack of education around proper nutrition are leading to nutritional deficiencies and food sensitivities, which are contributing factors in a wide variety of global health concerns. Whether you suffer from a set of symptoms, a specific disease, or seek overall health and wellness, clinical nutrition will be incorporated and discussed to ensure maximal health.
An extensive and comprehensive examination of your daily diet in combination with your symptom picture can help pinpoint the cause of many chronic health conditions and identify specific vitamin or mineral deficiencies. We focus on eating anti-inflammatory foods, and modulate the intake of common food intolerances such as gluten, wheat, and dairy. Our naturopathic doctors will ensure you are well educated around healthy eating. Clinical nutrition treatment can range from minor dietary adjustments to tailored and specific therapeutic diets and supplements to help you reach your health goals.
- MSM/Chondroitin/Glucosamine: to decrease joint inflammation, improve joint function, and decrease symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Omega 3 Fish Oils: to decrease inflammation in the body, improve cognitive function
- Melatonin: to improve sleep onset, and quality of sleep
- Magnesium: as a muscle relaxant and digestive aid
- Probiotics: to improve gut flora and ease digestive complaints
- Multi-Vitamins: to make up for nutritional deficiencies in the diet and improve overall health
[/list] [/toggle_item] [/toggle_box]